Rizov floats

Get tips and reviews on all types of tackle

Moderator: Moderators

Rizov floats

Postby Johnboy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm relatively new to pole fishing and as a result, most of the floats and rigs I have are pre-tied ones I bought from the tackle shop. I tied a couple of paste rigs myself for the last knockup and decided to invest in some floats to make my own on a broader scale.

I came across a guy called Andy in Bradford and he makes Rizov floats by hand. Rizov are a Bulgarian company and seemed to be the makers of decent kit for a lower than normal price. I thought I'd show off the small selection I just had delivered. I'm more than happy with them and will certainly be buying some more in the future.

For this message the author Johnboy has received thanks:
Macspower
Johnboy

Have thanks: 301 times

Advertisement

Re: Rizov floats

Postby Macspower » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Petar Risov makes good floats.. He also makes them for a lot of other float designers as well..

I use scone floats and NG floats almost exclusively.. As you will see the similarity of you look..

Nick Gilbert still makes some of his by hand but also available is the XT range which I use a lot of..

The diamonds are ultra stable in wind and chop and the finesse I use for canals and stillwaters..

Pick about 4 floats that suit most of your fishing and don't complicate things.. I have several hundred floats I must get around to selling as I was trying this one and that one....

you'll like these...

most importantly get a float that goes under :)

For this message the author Macspower has received thanks:
Johnboy
Macspower

Have thanks: 755 times

Advertisement

Postby Johnboy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for the info Paul. The diamond shape caught my eye straight away and they're probably the best looking float of the lot. The elongated diamond shape, I'm not too sure as to what situation these will suit best. Maybe deeper water with a bit of a tow or the centre track on a canal? I can be a bit of a tart at times so I need to hold back and stick to a few like you said, I'll end up with a shop load if I don't :) I saw you fishing shallow in the warm up at Toomans, would you use one of the dibbers for this with less shot to allow for a pellet or are they best suited to margin work?

Macspower
Johnboy

Advertisement

Postby Macspower » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Johnboy wrote:Thanks for the info Paul. The diamond shape caught my eye straight away and they're probably the best looking float of the lot. The elongated diamond shape, I'm not too sure as to what situation these will suit best. Maybe deeper water with a bit of a tow or the centre track on a canal? I can be a bit of a tart at times so I need to hold back and stick to a few like you said, I'll end up with a shop load if I don't :) I saw you fishing shallow in the warm up at Toomans, would you use one of the dibbers for this with less shot to allow for a pellet or are they best suited to margin work?

Always fish as light as you can.. I have the diamond deckers from NG in all sizes and use them to combat a chop or tow.

you might see similarity

I use finesse anywhere I can in sizes from .2 up
[img]http://www.float-store.co.uk/.media/616747875241.png
[/img]

This is the dibbler I use when fishing shallow

and for margins I use a margin float from NG

and for paste these are the best I've found

For this message the author Macspower has received thanks:
Johnboy
Macspower

Have thanks: 755 times

Advertisement

Postby scullier » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm

what sort of prices lads?
scullier

Have thanks: 669 times

Advertisement

Postby Johnboy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:05 pm

You can buy directly from his site for the Rizov stuff Fergal. You can also put in a little time on eBay and get them at a bit of a cheaper price if there aren't many bids. He will post you a few auction wins together aswell to save a few quid, great communication.
http://www.genesis-rizov-hand-made-pole-floats.co.uk/

scullier
Johnboy

Advertisement

Return to Talk Tackle